GHM welcomes you to its website and is pleased that you are interested in the company and its trade fairs. We consider the protection of your private data to be a serious matter and would like you to feel at ease during your visit to our web pages. The protection of your privacy is extremely important to us. Compliance with statutory data protection regulations is therefore a matter of course for us. Our employees are under an obligation to maintain data confidentiality and are trained at regular intervals in the fields of data protection and data security. Below we would like to inform you briefly of how we protect your data and what it means for you when you take advantage of our online offers.
1. Data protection principles GHM
When you call up our websites GHM receives access data which is stored for security purposes and which permits the following means of identification:
- the name of your Internet Service Provider
- the country where you are located
- the website from which you are visiting us
- the search term if you come to our page via a search engine
- the websites you visit when you are accessing our pages
- the user tools (web browser, operating system) with which you have accessed our site
- files that you have downloaded from our site (e. g. PDF or Word documents)
- the duration and
- the date and time of your visit.
Registration for the online purchase of an entrance ticket or redemption of a voucher
Visitor registration is voluntary. Should you not wish to register you data, you may also buy an admission ticket at the cash desk without having to provide information as to your personal data.
The purpose of visitor registration is to provide you with better and more comprehensive information. By providing GHM with this information, you are making a contribution towards continuous improvement of our event and what is being offered at our event so that we can tailor the event even more to your individual needs. The information you provide will only be passed on subject to certain conditions and even then only for pre-defined purposes which we would like to specify in the following.
- Vouchers are invitations from exhibitors or GHM which enable you to visit a trade fair. These bear the costs for your trade fair visit and therefore have a right to the contact data you have provided. (Form of address, first name, last name, address and communication data). The contact data are made available to the exhibitor.
- At our trade fairs, exhibitors are free to use a re-tracking procedure to scan your visitor pass or calling card. This scanning procedure is voluntary. Exhibitors only gain direct access to your registration details when performing this scanning procedure. The main point here is that your bank and credit card details are not shared. Only those details are shared which you yourself provided for registration (structural data). In order to ensure that not every barcode reader can access your data, a special software is used to read your visitor pass.
- As far as events that may only be accessed by a closed group of trade visitors are concerned, GHM will require your contact details and structural details for the purpose of determining your trade visitor status.
- You will surely understand that, should you wish to obtain an admission ticket by advance booking (PDF ticket), we will, as a minimum, need your contact details and credit card information. For admission ticket prices see website. The prices indicated on the website as per the date of your purchase order shall be decisive; such prices shall be payable immediately. The customer will pay the amount indicated on the purchase order by means of online transaction per credit card or by electronic direct debiting scheme. Credit cards accepted by GHM are Visa, American Express and MasterCard/EuroCard. The customer shall only be deemed to have performed the customer’s duties when the amount was actually credited to GHM's account.
- iPayment (1&1 Internet AG) is the company that was assigned responsibility for handling secure electronic credit card transactions with customers. The company InterCard takes over the secure processing of the electronic direct debiting scheme. Your credit card information and bank data will not be passed on to GHM and consequently GHM will not store such information about you.
- By taking part in the visitor registration process and sending the declaration at the end of the registration process you agree that GHM may only use selected data for invoicing and mailing admission tickets as well as for marketing and optimisation purposes. These allow us to carry out market research in order to provide you with better services and customer care and help us optimise our range of offers. This does not represent illicit or illegal advertising measures via e-mail, telephone or post.
- In the context of comprehensive services, GHM is also using the services of other service providers, e.g. for the purposes of maintenance and administration of the data processing system or the servers. The partners have committed themselves to the same strict data secrecy clauses and have been integrated intensively into GHM's data secrecy concept.
- Due to the high level of international attendance of our trade fairs, (especially in the case of voucher use) data regarding the takeover of costs for visitors from the respective country of the GHM representations are transmitted as well as to exhibitors from countries outside the EU and the EEA. They therefore have the right to the contact data coming from the respective country (form of salutation, first name, last name, address and communication data). These are transmitted in full. A comparable level of data secrecy may not be safeguarded in all of these countries. GHM’ agencies abroad have committed themselves by contract and will therefore safeguard a comparable level of data secrecy.
- GHM is using state of the art data processing techniques to safeguard data security. Your data will be stored on a visitor data base with an external service provider.
- We at GHM give top priority to the security of your data and transactions. This means that all of the information that is transmitted during a session is encrypted by means of one of the best security standards – 128 bit SSL encryption.
- GHM will use your data for promoting the event. As a matter of course, GHM will delete your data if they no longer serve the indicated purpose or when they no longer have to be stored in line with contractual agreements with our customers or after the statutory period has expired.
- Upon receipt of your explicit approval GHM will use your data in order to contact you via email, asking you to voluntarily participate in customer surveys we conduct pertaining to events you have visited.
- Further information, for instance information that you provided on a voluntary basis concerning the focus of your interest, will not be passed on to third parties by GHM. Personal data will only be passed on to government authorities and institutes to the extent required by law or requested by a court.
Registration for participation in the "GEPLANT + AUSGEFÜHRT" International Crafts Fair competition
The subject of this online announcement is the simplification of the architecture/crafts competition in order to avoid registration errors and secure your professional appearance. Disclosure of your data only takes place under certain conditions and for well-defined purposes. These are described in more detail below:
- By participating in the "GEPLANT + AUSGEFÜHRT" competition and sending in the declaration at the end of the registration process, you give your consent for GHM to process and publish your saved data within the framework of the "GEPLANT+AUSGEFÜHRT" competition. You also give consent for the data to be used for billing, as well as for marketing and optimisation purposes that enable us to conduct a market research and hence improve our customer service, and other service offers. This does not include sending of unauthorised or unlawful advertisements via email, telephone, or post.
- As part of the comprehensive scope of services offered, GHM also subcontracts other service providers such as for the maintenance and management of the data processing system or servers. The partners are subjected to the same strict data protection regulations and are intensively integrated in the data protection concept of GHM.
- For data security, GHM uses the most modern data processing technologies. Your data are saved in a CRM database of an external service provider.
- Protecting your data and transactions is a top priority to GHM. It is for this reason that we encrypt all information transmitted during a session, using one of the best safety standards – the 128 bit SSL encryption.
- Your data are used by GHM for the promotion of our event. GHM deletes your data once they are no longer required or if there no longer exists any legal deadlines or contractual arrangements with our customers.
- With your explicit consent, GHM will use your data to contact you via email with the request for voluntary participation in customer surveys on the events that you visited.
- GHM does not disclose any other information (e.g. your given areas of interest) to any third parties. Personal data are only disclosed to state institutions or authorities only within the scope of legal or judicial obligations.
Personal data refers to information the explicit purpose of which is to state your identity. This includes such information as your name and your postal or e-mail address. We only store personal data in addition to access data when you give us it voluntarily, e.g. in the course of a registration, survey, competition, contact request, newsletter subscription or performance of an online order. Personal data is only used to the necessary extent and for the purpose that was granted by you/is legally permissible. To ensure secure data transmission, the GHM uses encryption techniques in its secure areas. This means that any communication between your browser and, for instance, our ordering system, cannot be read by others in the Internet.
Cookies are small text files used by many websites worldwide, including Germany. During your visit, cookies are generated on our website and saved by our server to your hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any details about your person. The cookies saved by our servers can be read only by us and no third party website. Most browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. If you do not wish to enjoy the benefits of cookies, you can disable this function in your browser’s preferences. Of course, you can still view our website without cookies, but this will limit the functionality of our online offers.
Some of the GHM web pages contain links to other web pages. These direct links are checked by us with reasonable care. GHM is not responsible, however, for the content of the web pages linked to our pages. GHM is also not responsible for the content of web pages which refer to us.
GHM reserves the right to change these data protection guidelines at any time taking into account data protection legislation.
Revocation / Information Right
As specified by the Federal German Data Secrecy Act, you have the following rights:
- You may revoke the consent you have given to data processing and utilisation of data at any time;
- You have the right to ask GHM at any time which information is stored concerning you;
- You have the right to contact GHM should you have any questions or suggestions related to data secrecy.
Under any of the circumstances mentioned above, please contact our data secrecy officer in writing or by e-mail.
GHM Gesellschaft für Handwerksmessen mbH
Data protection representative:Wolfgang Friedel
Data protection and data security officer
81373 Munich, Germany
Fax: +49 89 189 149 239
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Furthermore you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Further information can be found under http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/tos.html (Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy).
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).“
This website uses Google Analytics to analyze and assess data from AdWords and the double click cookie for statistical purposes. The collection of data may be refused at any time by deactivating the corresponding setting at the Google Ads Settings Manager(http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=de).
Status: October 6, 2015